How To Apply
Apply Early. Please note that many courses at the Vipassana Meditation Center, Dhamma Sota are full a month in advance. We encourage you to apply early in order to allow time to make travel arrangements once registered.
- Read Introduction to Vipassana so you are familiar with the practice before you arrive.
- Read Code of Discipline carefully, as you will be required to follow it during your course.
- Review the course list and choose a course that is suitable for your schedule. Please note that you are expected to arrive between 2pm and 4pm on the day the course begins and you are expected to stay until the course is completed, which is approximately 7:00am on the last day of the course.
- Fully and completely fill out all the sections of the application form and submit it. You can fill out an application online.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email confirming your application has been received. Please note that this first email is not a notice of acceptance to the course.
- Await notification of whether you have been accepted for the course. All correspondence will be through e-mail if you give an e-mail address in your application. Due to the large volume of applications, it may take up to one month before receiving notification.
- Once you are accepted into the course you will receive a confirmation email .
- Two days prior to the start of the course you will receive a phone call / email to re-confirm your participation in the course.Incase we do not get contact with you we presume that you are not interested and your seat will be given to next in line
Please arrive between 2:00 and 4:00 pm. on the day the course begins.
This allows time for you to check in, get your accommodation and unpack. Late arrivals make it difficult for the staff to serve everyone efficiently and to start the course on time. If you have an emergency and are unable to arrive at the requested time, please notify us as soon as possible.
A light meal will be served at 6:00 pm. followed by a pre-course orientation.
Please make your return travel plans before arriving at the center, as you will not have access to your cell phone until after the course is completed.
You are expected to stay until the course is completed at approximately 7:00 a.m. on the last day of the course. Although the course ends at 7:00 a.m., please allow enough time to clean your room before you leave.
When making travel arrangements, please allow sufficient time for travel to and from the center
After being accepted into a course, if your plans change in any way, please notify us immediately.
Further Application Guidelines
Following these guidelines will facilitate the process of registration by reducing omissions, errors, and misunderstandings so that we can reply in a timely manner.
- Please do not apply for more than one course, especially two in a row. This is applicable even when applying to be on the wait-list. We understand your desire to keep your options open, but doing so will result in administrative backlog and delays and restricts the options for other applicants.
- If you wish, you can apply for courses at nearby centres in Karnal,Rohtak,Meerut,Dehradun as a backup enrollment. But once you get accepted to a course at one centre, please promptly cancel the other application(s) so that another student may avail of the vacancy.
- If you are willing and able to plan ahead and would like to be assured of enrollment, choose a course that is still open or has only a short wait-list.
- If your window of opportunity is limited, you may choose a course with a wait-list. But please be advised that, we will be able to give you at the most 2 days notice or even less.
- Please provide all the information requested. It will help us review your application faster and reduce the need to get back to you for clarifications.
- An e-mail address will greatly facilitate communication. At a minimum we require a functional contact telephone number. Please double check the e-mail address you provide. Bounced emails mean we cannot process your application and may result in lack of timely communication from us.